Recently, I was talking with one of my great clients about their strategic plan. Their plan is bold. They are looking to double the size of their company (in revenue) in five years.
There are two things this company already does word-class:
- They are a stellar sales organization. i.e. They proactively go after and win business.
- They execute at the customer level. i.e. Their customer service is second to none.
I reminded them that they are already doing (well) two of the most difficult things when running a business at a very high-level. However, even doing those things well, they were only growing at a rate of 5-7% a year. I then asked them what they thought it would take to get them to where they want to be in five years.
We came up with 7 areas to master to enable expected growth:
- Goal planning. Focus on behavioral goals and SMART goals.
- Coaching. Understand how to coach with a process and a regular cadence.
- Accountability. Have a deep understanding of what accountability looks like and execute.
- Giving Feedback. Learn and follow a process for giving effective feedback to encourage of a job well-done as well as insight meaningful change.
- Executing Difficult Conversations. Learn how to not avoid critical conversations and have a process to follow when executing them.
- Building an Effective Team. Identify and practice the behaviors that builds great teamwork.
- Dealing with Conflict. Develop a process for handling conflict in the workplace.
If you are a leader and are looking to grow your business, you should consider mastering these 7 steps for extreme growth.
Do any of these areas for growth resonate with you? Email me: email@example.com